Ticket policy for regular flights
Fare Terms and Conditions
- Service is 100% non-refundable.
- Changes to the itinerary will be subject to availability and a change fee of $15.00 per direction, per passenger, plus fare difference, if applicable.
- Cancellations fee is 20% of paid fare, per direction, per passenger. The remaining amount is not refundable, not transferable and may be used towards the purchase of any future travel within the next 12 months.Unusedcredits will expire after 12 months.
- Cancellations should be made 48 hours in advance. Same day travel cannot be cancel via Mail Box or Email.
- Failure to cancel a reservation in advance of check-in and not showing up for your flight will result in forfeiture of payment for the “no-show” segment (no credit given).
- Vieques Air Link (VAL) is not responsible for flight delays or cancellations due to conditions beyond VAL control or major force situation like weather or government regulations.
- Infants under two years of age will travel in an adult's lap at no charge. After two years, full fare applies.
- All flights may have one or two stops before final destination. You will be informed about it at the check in.
- VAL will not carry fire arms in flights to or from San Juan International Airport (LMM); except for active duty Local Enforcement Officer.
ZIKA VIRUS TRAVEL ADVISORY
Customers with current reservations who are concerned about travelling to destinations reported by the CDC be affected by Zika Viral Illness should call our reservations office 1-888-901-9247 and speak with one of our representatives. Customers may qualify for change in travel dates. Customers may make fee-waived changes to future reservations/tickets. However, changes need to be made by February 29, 2016.
- Guest should check-in 90 minutes before departure in San Juan International Airport (LMM). All flights will be closed 45 minutes before departure. Not fulfill this requirement,No show policy will be applied.
- Guests should check in 45 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. All flights will be closed 15 minutes before departure in Vieques, Culebra, Ceiba and Isla Grande Airports.Not fulfill this requirement, No show policy will be applied.
- VAL does not assume any responsibilities for expenses resulting from failure to departures or arrival times stated nor for the failure to make connections to other flights.
- VAL reserves the right to cancel your seat after check in, ifyour behavior represents a threat to the other passenger and/orthe safety of the flight.
Passengers traveling with pets:
- Must inform us you are traveling with a pet while making a reservation.
- Vieques Air Link (VAL)accept only one pet per flight per kennel.
- Pet charge is $15.00 each way.
- Pet have to show good hygiene and travel, for safety reasons, in a proper hard kennel
- Total weight of the pet and kennel may not exceed 30lbs. Pet kennel maximum measure is 26"X18"X17".
- Vieques Air Link provides kennel for an extra charge of $15.00
- Pet will travel on cargo area; not carry-on. Please refer to our Service Animal policy for information about traveling with service animals.
- Charters flights could be arrange on VAL availability to accommodate a passenger with a service animal that is too large.
- For more information please refer to our Baggage Policy.
No Show Policy
- Failure to check in on time at Vieques Air Link (VAL)counter is consider a No Show.Amounts paid will be lost.The check in time is 90 minutes prior to departure in San Juan International Airport. The check intime is45 minutes prior to departure in Ceiba, Vieques and Isla Grande.
- When a customer fails to honor the first segment of a round trip confirmed reservation without contactingVAL in advance, VAL may cancel, without notification, the returning flight.
- If you are a No show and you are traveling round trip, we highly recommended you personally contact our Call Center 1 888 901 9247 and reconfirm your returning flight.
ID Requirements for Check In
Passengers 18 & over must present a valid ID at the airport stations in order to travel. VAL does not require children under 18 to provide ID when traveling with a companion within the United States.
- Driver's licenses or other state photo identity cards issued by Department of Motor Vehicles (or equivalent)
- U.S. passport
- U.S. passport card
- DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
- U.S. military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DoD civilians)
- Permanent resident card
- Border crossing card
- DHS-designated enhanced drive's license
- Airline or airport-issued ID (if issued under a TSA-approved security plan)
- Federally recognized, tribal-issued photo ID
- HSPD-12 PIV card
- Foreign government-issued passport
- Canadian provincial driver's license or Indian and Northern Affairs Canada card
- Transportation worker identification credential
- Immigration and Naturalization Service Employment Authorization Card (I-766)
All passengers regardless of age, traveling outside U.S. must present:
- U.S. passport
- U.S. passport card
- Federally recognized, tribal-issued photo ID with Foreign government-issued passport